Sound Therapy is an outstanding new technology designed for accessibility, affordability and ease of use. Its potential health benefits are extensive and may include the following effects:* New vitality and sense of well being
* Relief of tiredness and stress
* Deep relaxation
and relief of anxiety
* Heightened creativity
and mental capacity
* Increased energy,
focus and performance
* Deep, beneficial sleep
and an end to insomnia
* Improved hearing for those with industrial deafness or hearing loss due to aging
* Relief of tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
* Better balance and recovery from dizziness or vertigo
* Improved concentration and learning ability
* Improved behaviour and communication in children
* Increased voice quality and vocal range
* Better communication, relationships and greater family harmony
How did Dr Tomatis make his discoveries?
Dr Tomatis, a Paris based ear, nose and throat specialist, was one of the first to investigate the auditory environment of the foetus. His theory was that the auditory relationship between baby and mother lays the foundation for all our other relationships and is therefore the crucial point of intervention to bring about change in the person's psychological response to sound and language.
The Tomatis Effect
As his initial concern was with hearing loss, Tomatis's first experiments dealt with altering the auditory curve.